The NFL has its share of speedsters and everyone thinks they are faster than the rest. The age-old question gets asked every training camp, “Are you faster than _____?” Rarely do the players line up for a good old fashioned foot race. Well, now all of that is about to change.
On June 29, sixteen of the NFL’s fastest players will line up to compete in 40 Yards of Gold, which has branded itself as “the Authority on Speed in the sport of football from Pop Warner to the NFL”. Eight defensive players and eight offensive players will meet at the BB&T Center in Sunrise, Florida in a single-elimination tournament where only one will be crowned as a God of Speed and walk away with $1 million.
The head-to-head competition, hosted by Chad “Ochocinco” Johnson, will pit the Champion of the Offensive Division against the Champion of the Defensive Division. Here are the Offensive First Round matchups:
- Tedd Ginn, Jr (WR, Saints) vs. Jacoby Ford (former NFL WR/PR)
- Alvin Kamara (RB, Saints) vs. Robby Anderson (WR, Jets)
- Marquise Goodwin (WR, 49ers) vs. Kevin Snead (former NFL WR)
- Jeff Badet (WR, Vikings) vs. Richie James (WR, 49ers)
Defensive First Round Matchups:
- Donte Jackson (CB, Panthers) vs. Trae Waynes (CB, Vikings)
- Dominique R. Cromartie (former NFL CB) vs. Rashard Robinson (former NFL CB)
- Terrell Sinkfield (former NFL CB) vs. John Franklin, III (CB, Bears)
- Jalen Myrick (CB, Vikings) vs. Charles James, II (former NFL CB)
Tickets for 40 Yards of Gold are available now on Ticketmaster. Those unable to attend in person will be able to purchase on Pay-Per-View. The event takes place Saturday, June 29 from 7pm-10pm, EST.Tags: 40 Yards of Gold, Chad Johnson, NFL